Student Pacing settings automate opening and closing your class assignments so students can continue their work at their own pace.
In this article, you will learn:
- How does the module pacing setting work?
- How does the module test pacing setting work?
- How does the unit quiz pacing setting work?
How does the module pacing setting work?
The module pacing setting requires students to complete the modules in order. Once a module is complete, the next module will automatically open to the student to begin.
A student will not be able to move on if a module, unit, or assessment is closed to the students. This includes if you have a due date set to close, and a student does not complete the module in time.
Ensure that this feature works to your advantage:
- Everything in the module is Open to the student
- Due Dates are not set to Close the assignment
- All units not being covered are deleted/removed
There is no way to override this feature if a student cannot move on, other than turning it off.
For full automation, you can use this feature in conjunction with the following two features.
How does the module test pacing setting work?
The module test pacing setting automatically opens a module test for a student after they have completed all of the unit quizzes within that module.
A student cannot access the module test with this setting unless all the unit quizzes within the module are complete.
Ensure that this feature works for you:
- All module tests are set to open
- All units and unit quizzes are set to open
- Any units students do not need to complete are deleted/removed
You can override this setting for an individual student by manually opening the module test for that student.
How does the unit quiz pacing setting work?
The unit quiz pacing setting automatically opens the unit quiz for students after they have completed all the lessons in the unit.
This setting guarantees that the students have the opportunity to be exposed to all of the content that will be covered on the assessments.
A student will not be able to take the unit quiz until they have every lesson in the unit marked as complete.
Ensure this feature works for you:
- All unit quizzes in units your students are working in are set to open
You can override this setting for an individual student by manually opening the unit quiz for that student.
If you have any questions about how Student Pacing settings work, pop into the purple chat icon and let us know!